This really cute video came from here. Check out some additional cute video there.
Got this in an email this morning…
The next time you hear a politician use the word ‘billion’ in a casual manner, think about whether you want the ‘politicians’ spending YOUR tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.
- A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
- A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
- A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
- A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
- A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let’s take a look at New Orleans It’s amazing what you can learn with some simple division . .
Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for$250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans. Interesting number, what does it mean?
- Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you each get $516,528.
- Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans, your home gets $1,329,787.
- Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.
Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! … Are all your calculators broken??
- Accounts Receivable Tax
- Building Permit Tax
- CDL License Tax
- Cigarette Tax
- Corporate Income Tax
- Dog License Tax
- Federal Income Tax
- Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
- Fishing License Tax
- Food License Tax
- Fuel Perm it Tax
- Gasoline Tax
- Hunting License Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Inventory Tax
- IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
- IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),
- Liquor Tax,
- Luxury Tax,
- Marriage License Tax,
- Medicare Tax,
- Property Tax,
- Real Estate Tax,
- Service charge taxes,
- Social Security Tax,
- Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
- Sales Taxes,
- Recreational Vehicle Tax,
- School Tax,
- State Income Tax,
- State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
- Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
- Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,
- Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax,
- Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax,
- Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,
- Telephone State and Local Tax,
- Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
- Utility Tax,
- Vehicle License Registration Tax,
- Vehicle Sales Tax,
- Watercraft Registration Tax,
- Well Permit Tax,
- Workers Compensation Tax.
STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What happened? Can you spell ‘politicians!’
And I still have to “press 1” for English.
I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times
What the heck happened?????
From Lunesta’s Web Site:
I can see it now…
“Oh shit! How did I get to work? Why am I still in my pajamas? Why are there pizza crumbs all over me?”
I checked the response headers:
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:17:45 GMT
Are you surprised? I sure wasn’t.
I have two things of interest relating to Gordy Jr. First of all, I got a handmade, totally awesome, happy birthday card from him yesterday. It was extremely cool. (Thanks Gordy — you totally made my day!)
And then, this morning, I got a call from him. He is doing well and has received a bunch of packages, including the ones that we sent and the one’s that Lee sent from Kindle. He is really enjoying everything.
One last bit of possible goodness: He said it is possible they may be rotating back to the U.S. before June! OK, make it three things of interest…
… I want to be as fast as Rusty Cooley:
It’s Friday, December 14, 2007 (Happy Birthday Mom!), and I’m sitting here watching The Fellowship of the Ring in hi-def… and a thought just occurred to me.
Why didn’t Gandolf (or Gandolf with Frodo, if he was worried about his self-control), bargain with the Eagles to just fly over to Mt. Doom and drop the damn ring into the fire instead of subjecting Frodo and company to all the hardships? (I mean, aside from turning a very long story into a much shorter story…)
Frustrated with slow build times for large software systems, I have gone ahead and ordered the components needed to put together a quad-core Intel system. I ordered everything from newegg. Their prices were very reasonable. Here are the parts:
- Intel Core 2 Q6600 (4 processors)
- MSI P35 Neo2-FR motherboard
- COOLER MASTER GeminII CPU fan
- 2 Antec 75003 120mm and 1 Amtec 80mm case fans
- COOLER MASTER Elite 330 case
- Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply
- Acer AL2223Wd Black-Silver 22″ 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor
- 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s hard drives
- Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse
- SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5″ Internal Floppy Drive
- 2 LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW drives
- G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
- EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SL video card
Should be a decent machine.