I’ve started using the very cool MoinMoin wiki as a personal information management tool and so far it’s working quite well. As mentioned, I have a utility that will sync attachments as a complement to the native ability to sync pages.
I did run across what could be a serious problem, especially as the size of your wiki grows. There are currently some bugs (as of version 1.6.1) in the way MoinMoin handles page names.
First of all, say you have a page name with lower-case letters and a digit; e.g., “ww1″, and then you create some sub-pages, say “ww1/Hardware”, “ww1/Packages”, “ww1/RAID”, “ww1/SSL”, etc.
Then in the “ww1″ page you have this macro:
What you should get is a list of all of the sub-pages that you have created. I have found that, depending upon some factors that I have yet to figure out, you may get some or none of the sub-pages listed.
Furthemore, doing a title search for “ww1″ won’t necessarily show the “ww1″ page in the search results.
Also, if you copy the page “ww1″, you get the option to copy all sub-pages as well. And in-fact the new top-level page does get created and the sub-pages, properly named do get created. This can be verified by examination of the directories in the data/pages directory of your wiki.
However none of the sub-pages can be accessed via the wiki interface. I suspect it is a cacheing problem.
Anyway, my new practice: Until this problem has been fixed, All pages start with an upper-case letter, no exceptions.