This is a hilarious video showing interview with Joe Biden. Some “guy” — I swear he sounds like a girl — reads a question that Biden responds to. Interspersed with Biden’s response are short clips showing women (and men) firing a shotgun.
The following is from Alderman David Marston of Hudson, New York:
Dear Joanna Johnson-Smith, Its really neat that all you gun toting tea party psychotards are so interested in the goings on of our little City, even though I find it amazing that you don’t have any other pressing issues before you in New Lebanon. On the other hand, I guess its not surprising, considering you ideologues aren’t interested in actual policy, but rather grandstanding on mythical narratives of victimization. Two things: The only spit here is the white stuff frothing on the ends of that rotten little mouth of yours from which you spew this hateful ignorant trash. And a donkeys behind? The rabid ignorance of the fringe is best illustrated by its sad metaphors, I mean seriously, thank you for the laughs. By all means, come on down, we’ll be happy to beat you barbarians back with the clubs of reason & responsibility, radical lunatics that you are. And say, a quick ProTip, since you’re the “organizer” for unemployed guns nuts USA. Next time you think these unhinged rants will change the mind of anyone who has even a modicum of intelligence, you might instead just go back down into your basement & watch another episode of wheel-of-fortune. It’ll certainly be just as effective. Remember: there are millions of Eagle Scout God Worshiping Patriots who find you & your radical ilk as disgraceful to American Democracy as the Brown Shirt jackboots you act like. I happen to be just one of them. Good Luck. Best Regards, David Marston
I just emailed Mayor William H. Hallenbeck Jr. and recommended he do what he can to rid this city of this awful person.
Here is just one isolated incident regarding a one Melowese Richardson. Several references:
- The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back
- Did Obama supporter vote 6 times in 2012?
- Hamilton County Subpoenas Voter Fraud Suspects, Witnesses
Folks this is probably just the tip of the iceberg, especially if you take into account the extreme reluctance of general media to report on anything that shines a negative light on our Dear Leader’s administration.
In the interest of being completely fair, I refer you to this gem from Mother Jones, who claim:
UFO Sightings Are More Common Than Voter Fraud … The GOP says election fraud is rampant. A close look at the numbers shows there’s no evidence of that.
This would be true if, and only if, the numbers that you quote are accurate and complete.
This is a message to the Police, to the military, to the TSA, to Homeland Security and to members of every other enforcement arm of the government.
Whole30 Challenge, Day 3
This is day 3 of the Whole30, Version 4.0 challenge that Mikie and I started on Sunday. Going pretty well so far. So what is the Whole30 challenge? Here is an extract from the Whole Nine site. For full details go here.
———- begin quote ———-
Eat real food – meat, fish, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed. Don’t worry… these guidelines are outlined in extensive detail in our Shopping Guide.
More importantly, here’s what NOT to eat during the duration of your Whole30 program. Omitting all of these foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce systemic inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness and quality of life.
- Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels (and your Success Guide FAQ), because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize.
- Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, pre-packaged snacks or meals, protein bars, milk substitutes, etc.
- Do not consume alcohol, in any form. (NEW! And it should go without saying, but no tobacco products of any sort, either.)
- Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, millet, oats, corn, rice, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. Yes, we said corn… for the purposes of this program, corn is a grain! This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.
- Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, kidney, lima, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, tamari and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
- Do not eat dairy. This includes all cow, goat or sheep’s milk, cream, butter, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream.
- Do not eat white potatoes. It’s somewhat arbitrary, but they are carbohydrate-dense and nutrient poor, and also a nightshade (refer to your Success Guide FAQ for details).
- Most importantly… do not try to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold. This means no “Paleo-fying” less-than-healthy recipes – no Paleo pancakes, Paleo pizza, Paleo fudge or Paleo”ice cream. Don’t mimic poor food choices during your Whole30 program! Those kinds of food miss the point of the program entirely.
———- end quote ———-
We had lots of questions and ended up purchasing the excellent Whole30 Success Guide. This is an ebook, so you get instant access (very nice). It is chocked-full of supplementary information including a comprehensive F.A.Q. that was very helpful.
So far, so good!
I mean it, COMCAST is literally driving me crazy. We pay a hefty monthly fee to this company for cable TV, high-speed Internet, and phone service.
When I got home from work today Mikie told me the phone and Internet had been out all afternoon. I contacted tech support and patiently disconnected and reconnected cable connections, removed the battery from the cable modem and reset it (twice), all to no avail.
The earliest they can schedule a service appointment is next week, SIX days from now. Oh, by the way, we already had a “supervisor-level technician” out here two weeks ago who checked all of the wiring, etc.
I even called back to inquired about their “signature support” offering, thinking that if I paid them more money they would come out to the house faster. No joy.
This really sucks.
Crap I’ve been busy! OK, here are some exciting pics from today.
Nothing very exciting today. We were really busy at work. Here is a small photo-set of pics from today’s commute into Houston.
Mac OS X Issue?
I just upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS X version 10.6.7. I have noticed that ever since doing that iCal tends to get itself into a state where it is consuming great gobs of member and is bogging down the entire machine. If you see similar performance issues after installing this OS update you may want to try starting up the Activity Monitor app and checking out iCal.
Got in a quick cardio session in during lunch today. Per usual, drove over to the local LA Fitness and did 30 minutes on an elliptical.
Here is an interesting house I passed by on the way home from work.
I hadn’t realized it but I guess Mary’s went out of business.
The Art Car Museum is a very cool place.
Stopped by Asia Market on the way home.
Prepared cuttlefish… this is for Travis.
This guy has ears on his helmet.
The drive into work this morning was fairly uneventful. Traffic was heavy but the weather was very nice.
Check out all of the potted plants in the back of the trailer in the left lane.
On Weslayan there was the usual dangerous driver. This one apparently had no idea as to the purpose of the little stick protruding from the left side of the steering column. (Hint: it controls the turn indicators).